Laker BMS Ltd is proud to support the National Social Housing Safety and Compliance Week. This week is an annual event, dedicated to shining a light on safety and compliance at an operational, strategic, and cultural level. Together, we can help shift learning, leadership, and culture around safety – to move beyond compliance.
We have made 5 pledges and we would like to encourage all our clients and connections to do the same. Our pledges…
1. We pledge to challenge: I pledge to challenge procurement ideals around safety, competence, and their scoring.
2. We pledge to change: I pledge to drive a culture of openness and welcome feedback, even though it may be difficult to receive
3. We pledge to communicate: I pledge to improve resident engagement by – listening to their concerns, encouraging access, taking action etc
4. We pledge to educate: I pledge to offer training/coaching to colleagues or to educate myself in a particular aspect of safety/compliance or culture
5. We pledge to listen: I pledge to listen to my colleagues, my team, contractors, suppliers and residents and take action where needed
To find out more on how you can get involved, please visit….www.safetyandcomplianceweek.co.uk